This policy is valid from 11 January 2014
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by The Lake Country Mom. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, and possibly other forms of compensation.
The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. Those advertisements will be identified as paid advertisements listed under “sponsors.”
The owner of this blog is sometimes compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers’ own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
The Lake Country Mom displays images as part of blog posts, event calendar submissions/creations, social media shares/post/submissions.
The types of images may include, but not limited to are:
- Images licensed from photographers
Images from free use /stock photography sites
Images supplied to our website via email, social media, even submission, advertiser submissions and more or released into the public domain by public relations and marketing companies for press purposes
Reader-submitted images, with the implied representation that the person submitting the image owns the copyright in the image and the right to give it to us for use on The Lake Country Mom
Images so widely distributed that they are deemed to have become part of the news
- Furthermore any image on the website, blog, event calendar, and/or social media outlets
- The Lake Country Mom and its’ staff, contributors do not have any editorial oversight of submitted images through any means. This also includes apps, widgets and plugins which pull from internet sources into our event calendar from websites, calendars, and social media event sources.
If The Lake Country Mom receives notice that an image posted is not in keeping with these terms and conditions, we reserve the right to remove that image, and we will.
If you think we have published an image or text that infringes your copyright, we will address your concerns; however, if the image falls into one of the categories listed above, we believe that our use of the image is legitimate and we will not remove it from the site in some cases.
Please note that we will respond only to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. The text of the Act can be found at the U.S. Copyright Office Web Site.
To file a notice of infringement with us, you must provide a written communication (by email to info (at) thelakecountrymom (dot) com with an attached and signed PDF) that sets forth the items specified below.
Please do not send us regular mail, as we may not receive it in a timely fashion.
To enable us to address your concerns, please provide the following information:
1. For each allegedly infringing image or piece of text that you wish to have removed from the site, provide the exact permanent URL for the page containing the material.
2. Provide your email address so that we can contact you.
3. Provide the following information detailing your claim to ownership of the copyright in the allegedly infringing material:
* Proof of copyright in the image or text concerned, namely proof of registration of the Image under the DMCA,
OR, absent such registration,
* a detailed description of where the photograph was taken, by whom, who or what the subject of the image is, AND
* Evidence to support your claim that you own the copyright in the image.
We will not comply with requests to remove an image where the complainant cannot prove that they own the copyright to the image in question.
4. Include the following statement: “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.”
5. Sign the document and email it to:
info (at) thelakecountrymom (dot) com
Please note that you will be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) if you materially misrepresent that any material on our site is infringing your copyrights.
We reserve the right to publish your letter on the The Lake Country Mom’s website and/or social media.