Trick or Treat Safety Tips
With trick or treating and Halloween right around the corner-we have came across these great tips thanks to Haunted Wisconsin.
- Never trick-or-treat alone. Have at least two friends go with you.
- Plan your entire route and make sure your family knows what it is.
- Carry a bright flashlight to illuminate sidewalks, steps and paths. Use new flashlight batteries and check it before you leave the house.
- Chemical glow light sticks can be used along with flashlights.
- Always WALK, do not run.
- Stay on sidewalks. If there is not a sidewalk, walk on the left side of the road facing traffic. Walk single file, facing the traffic.
- Obey traffic signals and only cross at corners.
- Don’t assume you have the right of way.
- Because one car stops, it doesn’t mean others will!
- Stay in familiar neighborhoods.
- Don’t cut across yards or driveways.
- Wear a watch you can read in the dark. Set the watch alarm if you have time limit for trick-or-treating.
- Avoid wearing masks while walking from house to house.
- Carry only flexible knives, swords or other props. Avoid pointed props such as spears, or wands that endanger other children’s eyes.
- Wear clothing with reflective markings or tape.
- Make sure your costume doesn’t drag on the ground or you might trip on it.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes, and make sure they should fit properly.
- Visit houses that have lights on, especially houses with Halloween decorations.
- Stay away from animals you don’t know.
- Do not enter homes or apartments without adult supervision.
- Accept treats only in the doorway. Never go inside a house.
- Always carry a spare Halloween bag just in case yours breaks.
- Take a cell phone with you if possible.
- Always be polite and don’t forget to say “Trick-or-Treat” and “Thank You”!
More info click here.