HOW TO BUY A MATTRESS! From our friends at Lake Country Bed Barn (located in Hartland, WI)
Buying a mattress is a large financial investment and when looking for a bed there are some things you need to think about when deciding if the mattress is right for you. At Lake Country Bed Barn we help you figure out what is important to you in your decision to buying a certain type of bed. We ask you about a number of things and do our best to listen and help you purchase something you won’t regret. Here are some things to consider when buying a new mattress:
- First off, being “nice and toasty” warm does NOT help you sleep! It is actually proven that being a bit chilly helps you sleep more soundly. The ideal temperature for sleep is in between 60-68 degrees. Besides keeping your room cool there are actually beds and bed toppers that can help keep you cool at night. Majority of the mattresses we carry have gel memory foam inside the top layer that helps pull heat away from your body.
- Secondly, back pain doesn’t necessarily mean you need a firm mattress. This one really surprises most adults. A firm mattress might actually not help the hip and back pain you have. While you need a sturdy bed, a little softness helps take away pressure points and allows your body to be supported at all points. Having a soft top to the mattress allows your body to sink into the bed. If you’re on a firm bed, and you sleep on your side like I do, your hips, shoulders and upper back will end up carrying more of your weight and your lower back goes unsupported.
- Thirdly, you really CAN learn what mattress works with your body- even in the store! Lay on a bed for a while and if it seems comfy enough go try some other beds and come back to it. Give yourself a good 10 minutes on the bed laying in the position you sleep. When you get up pay attention to how your body feels. Are you relaxed? Do you feel aches or pain anywhere?
- Sleep Apnea, Reflux, sinus problems, and snoring can actually be reduced with the right mattress. An adjustable base can elevate your head, your feet, or both to find a position where you are supported with your head higher than your heart, allowing for better airflow and digestion.
- You can still have an innerspring mattress and not be interrupted by your partner’s movement. Traditional innerspring mattress tend to be more bouncy and partners can feel each other move in bed. New technology has made individually wrapped coils so they respond differently to movement, which greatly reduces movement.
- You CAN buy a mattress made locally! Symbol mattress, although distributed nationally, is made locally in Watertown, Wisconsin. They are a debt free company, which allows them to do things in house that other manufacturers are unable to do, like cutting their own foam. The foam inside the beds is also manufactured in Wisconsin and the rest of the bed materials are all American made! When you purchase a bed from us it comes right from the factory, made when we order it, so the only place it sits is inside our store.
- And finally, you can have a top of the line mattress without spending thousands of dollar. We keep our overhead low and pass savings onto you! My husband and I are not in the business to be millionaires (although that would be nice :)) but we are here to help everyone have a good night’s sleep for a GOOD MORNING!
Please, contact me, ELISE, if you have anymore questions about buying a mattress. I am happy to help you in any way!
Find them on FACEBOOK
Tell them The Lake Country Mom sent you!
Disclosure: Although this is a sponsored blog post meaning The Lake Country Mom was paid to write/post this. We would only promote about things, services, businesses we would us in our own family. All opinions are our own.